Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lets Start with Yesterday

Yesterday which was Sabato (Saturday) ended being a pretty typical non-school day. I must admit that I was really looking forward to the morning because I got a new cereal at the supermarcato, which I could do a whole post about but I won't (but I will say it was delicious). I had to drop by my school and do a little work for my print making class before I went to meet my friend at the Uffizi, it was my 5th time at the Uffizi but I wanted to see her response to the art. 


Yesterday I decided to take my photography to the next level, by that I mean ridding my bike with one hand and take pictures with the other. I think it turned out pretty well, the results are above and below. I've made up my mind to use this technique only when its not a really big deal if I miss the shot.


I love the way this guy has got the whole Italian Cowboy thing going on.


So I ended up getting to the museum a little early and my friend got a little lost, so I had some extra time on my hands. Perfect! I proceeded to do some of my favorite things: take pictures of people and look at fancy window displays.


I know this guy is totally a tourist but I gotta give respect for rock'n the "old school detective" look
 ( I still really hate his shoes though)


Also tourists, but I thought the lady had some nice simplicity going on.
(and she scores major points in the shoe zone!)


After exploring the Uffizi, my friend showed me an ever so elusive organic gelato place
 (which I'm sure I cover in the future)  


After walking up a very long street that was rumored to have an awesome shoe place with killer deals, I gave up and returned to the street where I take most of my photos at and travel on everyday. Another reason I love this area is because there is an permanent antiques market in one squares which I never tire of shooting.




This is not part of the market, its just a place near by.


Also on this series of streets there is a multitude of tempting shoe places. I'm really really loving the whole "dress boots" thing that I've seen a lot of lately. Alas, I can't justify dropping 130 euro for these ones.



I thought this guy was interesting because he has remnants of pink paint on the back of his coat, I just wonder where it came from.


Gotta love the military-ish look.



Fellow artist.


I caught a glimpse of this guy and decided to follow him down the street and try and get ahead of him enough to turn around and take his picture.


It was tricky, he was a pretty fast walker. 


Did somebody say "Italian Huge Jackman?" 
(in a good way)


Just liked her jacket.


I took this guy's picture not so much for fashion but because I wish I knew the story behind where he is going, why he is dressed like that etc.


I'm seeing lots of dark grays and greens 
(but its ok because I like it)



Yep, that was Sabato.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, Florence! Thanks for the Sabato tour, Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i didn't notice you taking the pictures while we were looking for the rumored shoe store but they look awesome!! I love the title of your blog and i can't wait to go back to Grom with you so you can get a good picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, Nate! Amazing photos, and witty commetary (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. N8 -
    I'm reading your blog finish to start today. You are a wiz with the camera -- great eye. And yes, like mom said, witty too. She should know. She's pretty spunky herself.
    .......BTW -- if you like steak I can recommend an amazingly delicious place near Piazza San Lorenzo -- Trattoria Toscana Gozzi Sergio. Just a door there(8r?)-- not a touristy place. A friend who lives in Florence took us there. Best meal I had in Italy and not too expensive either.
    I'll try to read in order now. Not making promises though.... :)
    MA

    ReplyDelete