Monday, October 4, 2010

Carrara Tomarra

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow because I'll be heading to Carrara with my marble sculpture class, and then when I get back there are a couple art exhibits opening in town, one of which features the work of Bronzino.Carrara is famous for its marble quarries, its been around since the romans and was where Michelangelo selected the marble for his  works


Going through my images, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm spoiled rotten photographically. At home I'd probably stop everything to take this picture, but here its like "yeah I guess I'll grab a shot, if I feel like it"

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable scene, Nathan! The fact that it looks like marble is not lost on me... Oh, BTW, remember I asked you to pick up a slab for the countertops... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skis, golf clubs, marble slabs....They'll let you take anything on a plane these days...
    Beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete